Attendance at school and Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) is very important toward the success of the Cristo Rey student. Therefore, we have strict attendance guidelines that all students are required to follow.
- The school day begins promptly at 8:00am. Any student that arrives to school after 8:00am will be considered tardy and will receive a detention. A student who arrives after 8:15am but before 9:00am, or misses the CWSP bus, will receive a Saturday detention along with the tardy.
- Any student that arrives tardy to school twice in one week will receive a Saturday detention.
- Unforeseen Absences: A parent or legal guardian should call the school at (773) 890-6800 or leave a message at (773) 890-7119 before 9:00am to explain why the student is not going to be able to come to school. Upon returning to school the next day, the student must present an absence note to the front desk before 8:00am from the parent/guardian stating the reason for the absence. If a student does not turn in the absence note, they will receive a detention.
- Foreseen Absences: Students must get a Foreseen Absence Form from the Deans before the date of the absence which all of their teachers must sign. They will turn in the completed Foreseen Absence Form to the front desk before their absence. Upon returning to school, they must still bring an absence note from their parents and turn it in to the front desk.
- School ends at 3:30pm. If a student must leave early for any reason, his/her legal guardian must pick them up to release them from school.